Sunday, June 20, 2010

UCSB Basketball Camp Recap June 14-18

What a fun week. I had been looking forward to this week for a while and it was a great time at UCSB Basketball Camp. I played tons of games, had a good amount of assists, and got to hang out with some cool kids.

The players from the UCSB team that were there were Orlando Johnson, Justin Joyner, Christian Peterson, and Seth Kamphoefner. The coaches who were there were Coach Jono, Coach Campbell, and Coach Stock.

The first day we were put on teams. My coach was Orlando and we were "The Truth" in honor of Celtics All-Star Paul Pierce. During the week, we went 8-2 and won most of our games by double-digits. Some of our solid players were Pete and Brandon who did a little of everything. Daniel, Arman, and Griffin all did their roles and Brian provided an extra spark. Our team was very good.

We also did two drills per day. We did drills that involved fast breaks, shooting, and ballhandling. Coach Campbell and Coach Stock ran the drills.

We also played 1 v 1, 2 v 2, and 3 v 3 games. I was pretty solid in 1 v 1 but in 2 v 2, Peter and I dominated most of the time.

Overall, it was a great week. I had a super time and cannot wait for this upcoming season of Gaucho Basketball!

GO GAUCHOS!

P.S. Thanks Coach Jono for giving me the basketball!

No comments:

Post a Comment